Star’s Football Family-
Well, like it or not the start of our 2020 school year is here. As a parent of two d303 students I can relate to the feelings of uncertainty, doubt and anxiousness that many of you may be feeling. We all should have certain inalienable rights as human beings. Safety and health are at the top of that list. Unfortunately, at this current time both of those foundational elements have been compromised. It has left me searching for answers to how I can best navigate both my football and nuclear famillty through this.
Def: the sense of being a cause rather than an effect.
I feel that this event has taken away much of our personal armature as individuals. The jobs, hobbies, interest, beliefs and day to day actions that served to distract or comfort us have been taken away for the most part and left many of us in very vulnerable positions. This vulnerability can be extremely uncomfortable for many, including myself, but I encourage you to have compassion for yourself and allow the complexity of the situation to be accepted. It is important for us to talk to ourselves and be our biggest supporter. We teach this same message to our players in terms of how we compete. Consistent self encouragements can give a a sense of agency. It may give us the control that we are looking for and the inspiration to be an agent of cause versus an agent of effect. The adversity is here and it is bearing down on all of us. I leave you with this.
“The more powerful the force bearing down on you, the more important it is to find a sense of agency” – The Resilient Mind
In the coming weeks and months our program will be given opportunities to connect, practice and build our program. Below is a very rough schedule. (subject to change)
Aug 17th- Aug 23rd
- LEGACY PERFORMANCE 4 WEEK CYCLE BEGINS CONTACT BRYCE BIEL FOR DETAILS
- Varsity player fall meetings
- Player school/ support meetings
- Detailed Contact Day plan forth coming
- Stars Yoga – Sunday’s 8am & 9am
- 8am players
- 9am parents
- At this time our fundraising has been put on hold. We will be actively working with the AD to reestablish a window to raise money to support the program.
- Performance training
- Begins Monday @ legacy
- Pomoton continues
- College Recruiting
- Excited to announce Wednesday August 26th Clint Cosgrove (scout) virtual recruiting seminar
- Yoga Bears
- The SCN FB Family is offering yoga sessions for both players and parents beginning Aug 23rd
- 8am players 45 minutes
- 9am parents 45 minutes.
- More details to come
- Player Support Meetings
- Any player can set up a meeting with any coach to go over support tactics for the transition to e learning this fall
- To all of our ‘21 players who been offered collegiate experiences
- CAPTAINS INTERVIEWS VARSITY ONLY
- PLAYER SUPPORT MEETINGS
- Fall Meeting (depth charts begin)
- varsity players should set up times for the Fall meetings
- Calendly sign up
- Performance Schedule
- Due to the weight room being unavailable Legacy Performance will be our #1 option for strength & speed training . Registration is through Bryce and payment is made to him.
- Legacy Sign up here