Star’s Football Family-
It is hard to believe that it has been almost 2 years since we have had the opportunity to play fall football! The Friday night lights, the crisp autumn air, and the sound of the fans stomping their feet on the bleachers right before our kids storm the field in unity! Man, I get goosebumps just thinking about it. As I write this newsletter we are on the eve of the 2021 season 2.0. However, this feels different. It feels right and normal. In an era of abnormality, I personally have found myself gravitating to the comfort of normal. While we cannot guarantee that this year will not have its own set of challenges and hurdles, I am confident that our program will continue to maintain its standard of excellence and provide our student-athletes with an ELITE experience.
For our new parents and players, this newsletter is a small glimpse into our program. I hope you enjoy the content and find it valuable.
The final week of our summer camp was an absolute blast our SCN Staycation was a hit and a million thanks need to go out to our parent group and more specifically Tricia Sharkey and Lance Erickson. Without their support, we would not have been able to give our kids such a special moment. It was humbling to see our parents at NIU tailgating for a practice. It was selfless of our parents to donate so much water, chips, cookies, etc for our pool party at Otter Cove. Like we always talk about our program is not just the players it is so much more! It is parents, players, staff, and the community that surrounds us all sharing the same mission, vision, and values.
IRON STAR VALUE
During our last week of camp, the Sharknados gave us a great presentation on the importance of Investment. We dug deep on ROI (return on investment) and how sometimes you will lose a little to gain a lot. I was so impressed with the thought and care that the platoon showed in presenting our key values. I hope the players got the message.
EARN YOUR STRIPES UPDATE
The final numbers are in and while the race was close one platoon stood out amongst the rest. Congratulations to Big Baller Brand and platoon leader Carson Kuligowski. BBB is the 2021 Platoon Challenge Champions and will have their warm-up paid for. Carson did a fantastic job of leading his teammates to victory. It goes to show that if you have a plan and a group of people willing to take action, great things happen.
PB & J BAR DONATIONS
Calling all parents, grandparents, friends, and family! Our Stars work hard on the field and we love to give them some food and drink after the day is done. If you have availability we are accepting donations of chocolate milk, Gatorade, water, and pre-made PB&J sandwiches known as UNCRUSTABLES.
Please contact Tricia Sharkey me if you are interested in donating.
THIS WEEKS PLAN
- Aug 9th -IHSA season begins
- Aug 11th Fall ‘21 Fundraiser Begins
- Every year our program is allowed 1 fundraiser that will provide the financial support for the program for 1 calendar year. This Wednesday we will be kicking off our annual card sale fundraiser. This year all sales will be contactless and a useful app will allow players to keep track of sales and stay on pace with program expectations. While I understand that this can be a nuisance for some. The importance of this sale can not be overstated. All players are expected to sell 20 cards to friends, family, and the community. There will be incentives at the 10/15 and 20+ mark that I am sure the kids will want. Please sit down with your son or daughter and talk about THEIR plan for selling cards. I stress THEIR because part of this experience is to provide them with an opportunity to get out of their comfort zone and work on their communication skills. Open donations can be made and if your family, business, or friends would like to do a straight contribution to the program please have them write a check to SCNFB 2616 c/o Rob Pomazak. If anyone is interested in making a sizable donation or has a specific item they would like to donate please contact Coach Pomazak via email
- Aug 14th Family Day
- Food, Fun Family
- 10am – 12pm
- Followed by open practice for all levels.
- Bags Tourney
- Mom’s Football Camp
- All Ages welcomed
- Details coming this week via 4thphase.
- Aug 20th Black & Blue Scrimmage
- Aug 27th Palatine (youth nite)