Star’s Football Family
On this Bear’s playoff Sunday I hope this message finds your family doing well. I am appreciating the excitement of playoff football. Ever since I became a Head Coach I find myself not really rooting for a team like I did in the past. Maybe it’s the work I know both teams put into the game, or the appreciation I have for the relentless effort NFL players give. I simple watch and enjoy the game played at its highest level. WELL…Today I throw it all away. I am going to revel in the energy and excitement that this moment brings. I got my Bears socks, hat and the good luck Matt Forte jersey rollin! The home theater is rockin and the Totino’s pizza rolls are poppin! LET’S… GO…BEARS! This is the beauty of athletics and highlights the mission and vision of this program.
MISSION: PEOPLE over PLAYERS, EXPERIENCES over EVERYTHING”
VISION: “TO CONNECT OUR ENTIRE COMMUNITY THROUGH THE GAME OF FOOTBALL
PURPOSE: TO CONNECT OUR KEY STAKEHOLDERS TO OUR SHARED PURPOSE THROUGH ELITE EXPERIENCES.”
Football is so much more than a game, it provides us with experiences that as players we will never forget and as parents we cherish with our children. In my opinion, there is nothing better!
This Wednesday at 7pm our program will be holding a
“State of Illinois High School Football’ parent only meeting. The goal of this meeting is to provide you with any updates, clarifications or pertinent information that we have regarding the new spring 2021 football season. We will highlight the current climate of the high school sports environment and then provide insight on the football program’s response to what ever decision is made by the government and IHSA. I strongly encourage one or both parents/ guardians atted this meeting. If you plan on attending please fill out the attached google form HERE.
In the coming weeks, the IHSA and IDPH will be meeting to discuss the outline of the 2021 athletics plan. While everything is currently up in the air, I can assure you that I will be working for our players and parents to provide the best possible experience. I fully believe that we will have a 21 spring season. With that said, our parent group 4th Phase/Cover 4 Hospitality Group will begin moving forward with the plans for our 2021 spring campaign. While there is a lot that still remains unclear, we will be working to create an ELITE experience for all parents, players, and community members. Please be on the lookout for correspondences coming from both groups in the near future. It takes a village to run this football program and we will be calling on all of you to come and be a part of the mission, vision, and purpose. If you are interested in being on a committee please contact Trisha Sharkey at email@example.com .
We will get through this!
We will play football!
It will be awesome!
4 QUADRANT DEVELOPMENT FOR THIS WEEK(last week notes in red)
- PHYSICAL: SPORTS PERFORMANCE (LEGACY/RACK/OTHER)
- STANDARD: (3 strength sessions/ 1 SAQ SESSION/ 1 TECHNICAL SESSION
- COMPLETE SPORTS PERFORMANCE JOURNAL SHEET
- TECHNICAL: (YOUTUBE LINK TO DRILL WORK PROVIDED HERE)
- POSSIBLE INDOOR SPACE TBD
- TACTICAL: OFFENSIVE FOCUS
IMPORTANT NEW OPPORTUNITY:
- Story of the Season Recruiting Profile
- As many of you know, we worked with Chris Herman and his company Story of the Season to create an interactive digital recruiting resume for many of our players back in October. It has been a great way to showcase the great talent in our program directly to college coaches.
- If your son was already included in the Recruiting Profiles and you would like to have a personal link of just your son, Chris is offering the chance to purchase a custom link for your player for $39.99. If you are interested, you can purchase it here at https://www.storyoftheseason.com/subscribe. If you have not had a recruiting profile completed for your son, contact chris herman at Chris@storyoftheseason.com.
- COLLEGE RECRUITING
- If you are interested in being recruited for collegiate football please fill out this form.
- If you and your parents want to set up a meeting with our College Recruiting Team please fill out this form.
- SCN Virtual Recruiting Program (please feel free to share it with coaches who contact you via twitter or email
- WINTER PERFORMANCE TRAINING
- These coaches will be in charge of the players at their respective level
- Coach Ramos – Freshman julian.ramos @d303.org
- Coach Rizzi- Sophomores firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach Pomazak – Varsity email@example.com
- Coach Ivlow Speed Enhancement Specialist All Levels firstname.lastname@example.org
- SHORT TERM PLAN
- Below is OUR plan to continue on our journey to ELITE
- 11.30 – 2. 14
- WINTER PRE SEASON DEVELOPMENT PLAN
- January 29th end winter sessions
- Feb 1st conditioning acclimatization begins
- Feb 15th begins the 20-21 season