Star’s Football Family-
Happy Holidays to all and heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS! We made it! I am always proud of our students and staff at the end of each semester and year. It is really an amazing thing when a group of people of all ages and backgrounds come together for a common purpose and are able to see it through its completion. However, this particular semester, much like this entire year will be placed in its own category. As we close the books on 2020 and enter into the new year we can only hope that better days are ahead and life as we once knew it returns to normal. During this holiday season, I want to wish your family the very best. I hope you can find some time to rest and relax. Get away from the doom and gloom and focus on the light of our lives, which is family.
Inevitably the end of the year is a time to reflect and think about the good, bad, and indifferent. On the surface, 2020 will go down as the worst of years. For me personally, the anxiety and fear of the unknown have been extremely difficult to navigate through. I lost one of my dearest friends to suicide and all the while my entire lively hood has been put on hold. It feels, on the surface, that everything has been taken away. However, if I dig a little deeper and I find that while so much has been taken out of my life, the void left has allowed me to fill it with other hidden gems. The ability to spend time with my daughters at such a formidable age has been a blessing. The opportunity to reflect on who I am as a person and how I want to lead has provided me with a blueprint for the future of this program. But, what I am most proud of is the opportunity to learn from our players about true perseverance. These young men and women have had it all taken away from them. In a time when they have every reason to quit they have found the inner strength to keep going and continue to forge ahead. It is their GRIT and energy that has fueled my soul. I love these kids, each and every one of them. They hold a place in my heart and impact my life far greater than I will ever impact theirs.
“Sometimes life takes something away from you to make room for something better.”
In the coming weeks, the IHSA and IDHP will be meeting to discuss the outline of the 2021 athletics plan. While everything is currently up in the air, I can assure you that I will be working for our players and parents to provide the best possible experience. I fully believe that we will have a 21 spring season. With that said, our parent group 4th Phase/Cover 4 Hospitality Group will begin moving forward with the plans for our 2021 spring campaign. While there is a lot that still remains unclear, we will be working to create an ELITE experience for all parents, players, and community members. Please be on the lookout for correspondences coming from both groups in the near future. It takes a village to run this football program and we will be calling on all of you to come and be a part of the mission, vision, and purpose. If you are interested in being on a committee please contact Trisha Sharkey at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will get through this!
We will play football!
It will be awesome!
4 QUADRANT DEVELOPMENT FOR THIS WEEK(last week notes in red)
- PHYSICAL: SPORTS PERFORMANCE (LEGACY/RACK/OTHER) (2 strength sessions/ 1 SAQ pr INDY session)
- TECHNICAL: 1 Indy position segment
- This is the quadrant we performed the lowest in last week
- TACTICAL: DEFENSIVE POSITIONAL MEETINGS
- DB MEETING 6PM MONDAY
- Player meetings were well attended great job!
- MENTAL: BOOK STUDY SIGN UP / PURCHASE OF BOOK
- PLATOON CHALLENGE BINGO CHECK IN W/ PLATOON LEADERS.
- WEEK 4 CARD DIFFERENT
- SCREEN SHOT ON PHONE
- KEEP TRACK BY PUTTING (X) ON SESSIONS COMPLETED
- SEND COMPLETED CARD TO PLATOON LEADER
- WINTER PERFORMANCE TRAINING
- Introducing SCN FB Sports Performance Team
- These coaches will be in charge of the players at their respective level
- Coach Ramos – Freshman julian.ramos @d303.org
- Coach Rizzi- Sophomores email@example.com
- Coach Pomazak – Varsity firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach Ivlow Speed Enhancement Specialist All Levels email@example.com
- SHORT TERM PLAN
- Below is OUR plan to continue on our journey to ELITE
- 11.30 – 2. 14
- WINTER PRE SEASON DEVELOPMENT PLAN
- January 29th end winter sessions
- Feb 1st conditioning acclimatization begins
- Feb 15th begins the 20-21 season
- COLLEGE RECRUITING
- If you are interested in being recruited for collegiate football please fill out this form.
- If you and your parents want to set up a meeting with our College Recruiting Team please fill out this form.
- SCN Virtual Recruiting Program (please feel free to share it with coaches who contact you via twitter or email