Star’s Football Family-
I am writing this just after watching the Bears completely implode and drop yet another game to the lowly Lions. Being that my wife is born and raised in Detriot this one hurts just a little more and I will now be on laundry duty all week. With that said I will keep this short so I can begin on the darks.
As a head coach, one of my favorite topics of study and research is sustained success. Anybody can win once but how do programs stay on top and sustain the elite level of success. In this program, we have been fortunate to achieve a consistent level of quantifiable success. Conference championships, state playoff opportunities and consistently being ranked in the top 25 in the state has become the norm. I have always been proud of how our program continues to improve. Some may be saying that we didn’t improve last year and I beg to differ. We never attach ourselves to the wins or losses. Instead we attach ourselves to the journey and I can honestly say that our program got better because of the lessons learned during the season last year. It is evident everyday our players continue to persevere through this ordeal. The have gotten back to the recipe of what it takes to be a champion and there is no cutting corners. A loss is never who you are and it is important to not identify with the good or bad that may happen on the playing field. In that same ideology our players have not attached themselves to the outside chatter that covid has brought. On the contrary, they have shown laser focus in their preparation and continue to show why being a North Star football players is so special. Thank you ! With this said I ask that we continue to support our kids and share in the mission, vision and purpose of our program. Let the message be consistent in their ears that we will continue to invest, prepare, be accountable and selfless. Most importantly let us remind them to lead where their feet are.
In the coming weeks, our parent group 4th Phase and Cover 4 Hospitality Group will begin moving forward with the plans for our 2021 spring campaign. While there is a lot that still remains unclear, we will be working to create an ELITE experience for all parents, players, and community members. Please be on the lookout for correspondences coming from both groups in the near future. It takes a village to run this football program and we will be calling on all of you to come and be a part of the mission, vision, and purpose. If you are interested in being on a committee please contact Trisha Sharkey at email@example.com .
Please review our
We will get through this!
We will play football!
It will be awesome!
4 QUADRANT DEVELOPMENT FOR THIS WEEK(last week notes in red)
- PHYSICAL: SPORTS PERFORMANCE (LEGACY/RACK/OTHER) (3 strength sessions/ 1 SAQ session)
- 100 responses/ 85% of program declared/ Performance level coach will be contact you
- TECHNICAL: 1 Indy position segment correlate to Meeting week / Defense this week
- Limited participation, will not film and send to hard
- This is the quadrant we performed the lowest in last week
- TACTICAL: DEFENSIVE POSITIONAL MEETINGS
- CB 6PM C
- ST MONDAY 12/7
- DL TBD
- LB TBD
- S TBD
- Player meetings were well attended great job!
- MENTAL: BOOK STUDY SIGN UP / PURCHASE OF BOOK
- PLATOON CHALLENGE BINGO CHECK IN W/ PLATOON LEADERS.
- WEEK 2 CARD DIFFERENT
- SCREEN SHOT ON PHONE
- KEEP TRACK BY PUTTING (X) ON SESSIONS COMPLETED
- SEND COMPLETED CARD TO PLATOON LEADER
- WINTER PERFORMANCE TRAINING
- Winter Performance Training Track Selection – if you have not filled this out please do so
- Introducing SCN FB Sports Performance Team
- These coaches will be in charge of the players at their respective level
- Expect communications from them on how they will keep track of your training
- Coach Ramos – Freshman julian.ramos @d303.org
- Coach Rizzi- Sophomores firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach Pomazak – Varsity email@example.com
- Coach Ivlow Speed Enhancement Specialist All Levels firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toys for Tots
- Register for any time that works for you/ not going as a team due to covid
- Parents family welcome.
- Calendar update
- Winter Meeting Var only
- All varsity players must sign up for a meeting
- Dates are available on Calendly below
- Calendly sign up
- SHORT TERM PLAN
- Below is OUR plan to continue on our journey to ELITE
- 11.30 – 2. 14
- WINTER PRE SEASON DEVELOPMENT PLAN
- January 29th end winter sessions
- Feb 1st conditioning acclimatization begins
- Feb 15th begins the 20-21 season
- COLLEGE RECRUITING
- If you are interested in being recruited for collegiate football please fill out this form.
- If you and your parents want to set up a meeting with our College Recruiting Team please fill out this form.
- SCN Virtual Recruiting Program (please feel free to share it with coaches who contact you via twitter or email
- Please do your best to protect yourself and each other. Utilize ELITE social distancing practices at all times.