Star’s Football Family-
Hard to believe that October is here! During the football season, this is when things really start to get fun. Conference championships get decided and if you’re good enough, you may earn the right to punch your ticket into the playoffs. Making the high school playoffs is one of the program’s goals at the beginning of every year. We continually remind our players that we are fighting for 1 more day together. We want to be playing when there are no leaves on the tree. To earn 1 of the 32 slots in 7A is a badge of accomplishment that I want every player in our program to experience. Unfortunately, last year was the first time in a long while that we did not qualify for the postseason. There was a collective letdown and disappointment that we all felt. Our program has held on to that feeling and the team has used it as daily motivation ever since. For over 10 months the team has prepared for their moment. Despite all of the hurdles and moving goalposts, they have kept their eyes on the prize. Never, have I heard them complain. Never, have I had them ask “why us?” Over the past few weeks, I have spent many-a-walks thinking about this whole ordeal. The resiliency our kids have shown is truly amazing. I do believe there is a lesson to learn be in all of this but I also believe our kids do not deserve such a harsh teacher. Our kids are ready to leave their legacy when the opportunity presents itself. I cannot wait to see what they can accomplish!
This past weekend our kids made a commitment to volunteer their time to the i9 flag football league. Over 40 players of all levels invested part of their Saturday to come to serve others. I have to admit that nothing makes me prouder than seeing our athletes out supporting the youth. The team did a great job of engaging not only the kids but the parents as well. It always humbles me to see how the little kids look up to our players. They are like rock stars and I feel it’s well deserved. Our players are special and they continue to make an impact on this community away from the field. I want to say thank you to all of our players who continue to live our value of “Investment” and give their most valuable commodity… Time!
Platoon Baz won the i9 challenge
25pts towards their score !
We will get through this!
We will play football!
It will be awesome!
- PLATOON CHALLEGE #2 IRON CHEF
- TEAMS WILL BE PREPARING AND DOCUMENTING A MEAL
- POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- VOTED ON PRESENTATION/SOCIAL MEDIA IMPACT/ DIFFICULTY
- VIRTUAL RECRUITING PROFILE
- Over the past 5 months, we have been working towards a new way of recruiting. We are proud to announce that SCN FB is the FIRST school in the country to provide college coaches with a completely virtual recruiting profile. Courtesy of Story of the Season.
- Please understand the program is fluid and we will be able to add players as we move on in the recruiting process.
- Our goal was to get this out to help our 2021 so I apologize to any 2022 who are not appearing as of yet.
- FALL CONTACT CONTINUES
- Schedule Change
- Monday 10/5 5-7pm all levels
- Tuesday 10/6 5-7pm all levels
- URGENT ACTION REQUIRED
- All Players must have self certification complete prior to arrival .
- Schedule Change
- Updated Calendar please review
- SCN 4TH PHASE
- There are 2 changes to the schedule
- Oct 5th & 6th Camp 5-7
- No camp 10/7-10/12
- Pediatric Cancer Go Fund Me (started by the Doherty’s)
- SCN Player & Parent Yoga
- (BACK ON Oct 18th)