I hope your family is doing well and enjoying these last few weeks of summer. As we move into August our program will reintroduce our weekly newsletter. The goal is to keep us connected as a football family. Each week I will start with a quick coaches message and then highlight the ongoings for the program during that specific week. As a parent, player or team supporter you are a key stakeholder in our program. We need every one of you in order to fulfill our program mission , vision and purpose.
This past week the unthinkable happened. Our season was moved to the spring. Honestly, I saw it coming and tried to prepare myself and our program for this moment. I feel as the leader it is imperative to show our kids that no matter what happens we will be okay. Is it ideal? No? Is it going to be hard? Yes ! Is there a guarantee that we will play in the spring? No. Hard questions for anyone to have to answer but it is our reality. We teach our players a simple rule that when adversity strikes our response will help to determine the outcome. Needless to say, our program has responded. Our players have shown their resilience and willingness to press on. Our parents have banned together and rallied around our kids. It has been humbling to say the least. As I watch this unfold I am constantly reminded of one word FAMILY. No, not the family that you live with but our football family. The love, care and support that you have shown for each other is proof positive that our mission, vision and purpose is alive and well. It also reinforces how each player, coach, parent and administrator has a hand in our program’s culture. As the school year begins to start (remotely, blended, in person I am not sure which it is at this point) let us all lean on one another. A group with a shared belief is unstoppable. Let’s share the belief that things will get better, we will play football and the best is yet to come.
In the coming weeks and months our program will be given opportunities to connect, practice and build our program. Below is a very rough schedule. (subject to change)
Aug 10th Establish performance training schedule
Sept 7th we will be allowed 20 days of contact (open gym opportunities/ we will use these in some capacity )
November 1st begin winter off season cycle
January 29th end winter sessions
Feb 1st recovery weeks
Feb 15th begin 20-21 season
- Fundraiser – At this time our fundraising has been put on hold. We will be actively working with the AD to reestablish a window to raise money to support the program.
- Performance training
- We will continue to work with Bryce Biel & Legacy Performance
- College Recruiting
- Combine highlights will be made and sent out to colleges daily.
- Contact Days
- We have submitted to have 20 contacts in fall
EARN YOUR STRIPES winner
-Back Yard Ballers
– Corey Krueger Over all Winner
- To all of our ‘21 players who been offered collegiate experiences
- CAPTAINS APPLICATIONS (OPEN MONDAY – FRIDAY)
- PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION TO NOMINATE YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE
- DUE BY FRIDAY AUG 14TH
- APPLICATION HERE
- JUST PLAYS:
- PLEASE REVIEW ALL CURRENT INSTALLS
- POSSIBLE QUIZ(S) COMING
- Fall Meeting (depth charts begin)
- varsity players should set up times for the Fall meetings
- Calendly sign up
- Performance Schedule
- Due to the weight room being unavailable Legacy Performance will be our #1 option for strength & speed training . Registration is through Bryce and payment is made to him.
- Legacy Sign up here