ST. CHARLES NORTH
NORTH STAR FOOTBALL
APRIL 19TH- MAY 4TH
Good morning, day or evening (whenever you are reading this) to all of you. First and foremost I hope you and your family are doing well. Well, the verdict came in and the state has made the decision to keep remote learning for the duration of the school year. I want to express my sincere appreciation to the seniors who are sacrificing their last year of high school for the greater good of humanity. Man, those are heavy words and responsibitlities to put on the shoulders of a 17 or 18 year old. However, if coaching has taught me one thing it is that our students are unbelievably resilient and strong. This is a necessary decision to preserve the fight and the victory in this war we are in. Albeit does not make it any easier to digest.
I will keep this newsletter short and to the point. We are being tested… all of us. Not one person is exempt from this situation. Bottom line we are all dealing with it the best way we know how. I for one have found it a difficult road to navigate. My anxieties have gotten the better of me a few times and each day I try to place myself in the moment and find the joy that is present. It is said that adversity reveals the real you. It shows you what you have inside of you. There is a great quote.
“Squeeze an orange and you get orange juice. “
Bottom line we are all getting squeezed right now and we all want this to end. It will and we will find ourselves together in a new age of appreciatiation. I for one cannot wait. However, we must get through the valley to get the peak and right now we are fighting for every inch. Let’s continue to fight toghether and win each day. That is all we can do… WIN…THE … DAY
As for the program we are pushing forward with the same design and intent as we always have. The goal is keep preparing and when our number gets called we will be ready. I have scheduled a meeting with each level So, Jr & Sr this week. I will be going over our 4 month plan. I believe it is essential that we are all on the same page as we move through this situation. I want to keep our players motivated and excited to be a part of something bigger than themselves but I also want to give them individualized direction so that they can succeed. Please know that I am here for all of you, if you need anything at all please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be increasing communications in the coming weeks as we have some very exciting virtual events planned for our program.
- REMOTE DEVELOPMENT PLAN IS SHARED ON GOOGLE SITE FOR PLAYERS
- I have posted all lifts on Rack Performance
- Additional workouts will be on GOOGLE SITE
- Additional skill work has been posted on GOOGLE SITE
4/29 WEDNESDAY 7PM
REAL WORLD SPEAKER
FORMER OSU & NFL LINEBACKER
SUMMER CAMP DATES: IMPORTANT
- SUMMER REGISTRATION HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD (NOT CANCELED) WE ARE AWAITING FURTHER INSTRUCTION FROM THE IHSA
- 2020 SUMMER ATHLETICS CAMP ALL
- 2020 SUMMER FB CAMPS
- Players should be signing up for both strength camps in june/ july
Due to the shelter in place college coaches are now asking for film and recruiting information to be sent directly to them. I will be doing this for our kids.
COLLEGE 411 PRESENTATION
- Currently on hold
- Potential Zoom meeting TBD
SUMMER CAMP LIST
This year we will have the usual camps listed below .
*June 1st- 4th is designated for youth and individual skills camps.
* We have added a new camp opportunity. June 6th – July 30th we will be running a separate strength & conditioning class. Bryce Biel of Legacy Performance and his staff along with our Staff will be running a 75 minute strength & speed session M-R. Camp times will vary from June to July. The availability of this camp will allow us to separate our football and strength development. While this is an extra cost, the development to the athlete is well worth it in my opinion. Prices have yet to be released but I can assure you it will come down to less than 10 dollars a session which is well below Bryce’s usual cost. We took this step as the logical progression in our program’s development. We have always felt that our strength development conflicted with our football development in the summer. This will alleviate that problem. Additionally, we start official football camp on June 22nd. From June 1st – June 18th we will be having OTA (organized team activities) film and scheme sessions from 6pm – 8pm. These are non padded classroom based sessions. A full curriculum is being developed to better prepare our athletes cognitively for the summer installs. Again we feel this aligns more consistently with our 4 quadrant development model. There will not be a camp sign up as these opportunities are free of charge.
* I appreciate the monetary investment you make on your child’s behalf. If you have questions please contact me.