ST. CHARLES NORTH
NORTH STAR FOOTBALL
JANUARY 13TH- JANUARY 19TH
WHAT’S YOUR WHY
It was a great week for Northstar football. So many young men and women working to change your best. Whether it’s in a winter sport or during our performance training if you are a Star you are working to be your best. The word of the week was “why” as in what is your why? In our program we ask a lot of our players, parents and staff. Our goal is to provide an elite experience to everyone we come into contact with. For the staff that is the work we put in for our players to be at their best. For the parents it is the experience we give the visiting fans, staff and support for our children. For the players it is giving the highest caliber football every friday night to the paying crowd and then repeating that experience Monday- Friday in class. Bottom line it is hard to be elite, really hard. It requires an inner strength and motivation that is personal to each player, parent and coach. That motivation is what we call your “WHY”.
- Why do you play the game of football
- Why do you invest so much time to the program?
- Why does it matter to you?
It is important in our program to be able to answer these questions clearly. We are a selfless program but it is okay to have your own motivations. Play the game for someone/something but with in the culture of our program.
A highlight of the week came on Wednesday when we launched our Real World Connects program. 1 day each month we will bring in a community member who exemplifies the program mission to speak to our players. This month, Ed French was our guest. His time with the program was impactful some of my takeaways.
- Hold yourself to a higher standard
- No bad apples
- High school football will shape you for the future … if you let it.
- If everyone gets 10% better this year, what are you going to do in order to get 12% – 15% better in order to stay the best?
We appreciate Mr. French’s time with us. The opportunity to speak is open to those who may be interested if you know of anyone who might be of benefit please contact me (email@example.com)
Finally, supporting the tenant of selflessness. Boosters will be hosting the 7th annual Lift A Thon Saturday February 1st from 8am – 2pm. This fundraiser is one of a kind and has allowed boosters to put over 75k dollars into the weight room over the past 7 years . Your son/daughter will have the paper work shared with them on google classroom Monday. The event is a ton of fun and 100% of proceeds go directly into room enhancements. A reminder that this is NOT an SCN FB fundraiser. All at athletes can join. Donations can be made by gofundme or at the event. Here is a link to better explain what the lift a thon is SCN LIFT A THON
JANUARY – FEBRUARY
We are currently in quarter 1 of our 4 quarter program. During these winter months the goal is for our off season participants to work diligently to achieve their physical, tactical goals. Time in the weight room and film room support the preparation tenant. Front loading the work will make it easier later on. For our in season athletes, they need to focus on being the best (insert winter sport here) player they can be. Below is a calendar of events for this week, along with some additional highlights.
Monday January 13th
8PM LEGACY TRAINING
Tuesday January 14th
2:35-4:15pm Whole Group
Wednesday January 15th
8PM LEGACY TRAINING
Thursday January 9th
2:35-4:15 WHOLE GROUP
Friday January 10th
6am Polar Bear
2:35 Pythons Work out
Saturday January 11th
8am legacy (FEED THE CATS SPEED TRAINING)
COLLEGE SUPPORT MEETINGS ARE NOW OPEN
- SOPH/JR’S INTERESTED IN PLAYING COLLEGE FOOTBALL
- USE LINK BELOW TO SCHEDULE TIME
LIFT A THON (SATURDAY FEB 1ST 8AM – 1PM)
- OUR 7TH ANNUAL BOOSTER FUNDRAISER FOR PERFORMANCE CENTER ENHANCEMENTS
- INFORMATION WILL BE COMING VIA EMAIL AND TO YOUR SON/DAUGHTER
SUMMER CAMP DATES
- TIMES HAVE NOT YET BEEN SOLIDIFIED BUT A ROUGH CALENDAR HAS BEEN PUT UP ON OUR WEBSITE
- PLEASE TRY ARRANGE VACATIONS DURING DEAD WEEKS
- DEAD PERIOD UNTIL JANUARY 17TH
- D3/NAIA CAN STILL VISIT
- NCAA RECRUITING CALENDARS RESOURCE
ALL AMERICAN 7 ON 7
- WE WILL HAVE A SPRING 7 ON 7 PLAYING OUT OF LAKE BARRINGTON MORE INFORMATION TO COME
STARS FOOTBALL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
- PLAYER APPLICATION RELEASED NEXT WEEK / CLASSES BEGIN IN FEB.