ST. CHARLES NORTH
NORTH STAR FOOTBALL
I hope this message finds you well. As we move into the 4th of July holiday, I want to take a moment to reflect on the past month. While it certainly was not ideal the virtual experience that our staff and players created was nothing short of amazing. I want to commend our players for the time and effort they put into the meetings. They brought a “move the needle” growth mindset to every session. There were some highs and lows but the opportunity to get to know our players better was worth it. In short, these kids have responded!
Speaking of response. In the North Star Football program we spend a great deal of time talking, learning and reflecting on the importance of a positive mindset. Adversity is no stranger to any of us and in the game of football it is a guarantee. It is within these moments of adversity, when we lack control that we must fall back on our training and respond in a manner that will bring us closer to the desired outcome. We use a simple equation of e+r = o to help support our learning.
Event + Response = Outcome
The events that we have been faced with these past few months have been life changing. It has taken everything that I once knew as normal and turned it all upside down . To be honest, it has been a major challenge for me. But through it all I have focused on one thing and that has been my response . We do not have a choice as to when adversity will strike but we certainly do have control over how we respond. I have chosen to be grateful for the extra time with my kids. I have chosen to be thankful for the opportunities I have had to connect with our players. I try to find moments of joy each day. It has been a conscious decision and not always easy. It is a discipline that I have yet to master but as each event comes up I see it as a chance to get better. “Bring it on!”
The reason I write all of this is because none of us know what the future holds. As we eagerly await the IHSA return to play protocols we must focus on being patient and understanding. The administrations of D303, IDHP and IHSA want to see our athletes back on the field but never at the risk of their personal health. There is no guarantee of a season in the fall. That is hard to even fathom. However, in those moments of doubt we can focus on remaining positive. We cannot control what happens but we can control our own actions. I have asked our players each day we meet to “move the needle” . Move your personal needle forward each and every day. We talk about putting our head down and not worrying about anything but moving the needle. When the decision comes for the season, we will be ready.
- NO FOOTBALL ACTIVITIES
- As of 6/28 July summer camps have not been opened by the district.
- If we have camps times are listed on our calendar and homepage of scn4thphase.org
- When the district opens we will send the live link via email
- Please register as soon as you can because there will be a hard stop on registration.
- If you have financial concerns please email me directly
IHSA & IDHP
- Phase 1
- Have cleared teams to meet in groups of 10 or less and conduct non sport specific conditioning
- Phase 2 is being reviewed by the IDHP
- The act is now under review at the district level
- We are still awaiting word on what we will be allowed to do
- When we get word we will immediately open up registration
EARY YOUR STRIPES CHALLENGE
– LAW OF EXTRA
– Complete defensive midterm
– ANY EXTRA SKILLS/ DRILL /SELFLESS
– USE @ROBERTPOMAZAK TO POST
– EMAIL ME IF NOT ON TWITTER
- DEAD PERIOD HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH AUG 31ST
- ENCOURAGE ALL PLAYERS TO MAKE COMBINE VIDEO
- I CAN HELP WITH FILMING IF NEEDED
- LEGACY WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE TO USE
ALL AMERICAN 7 ON 7
- POTENTIAL JULY LEAGUE DETAILS FORTHCOMING